The Moreton Club Pty Ltd ACN 009 660 593 (referred to in this document as we, us or our) is
committed to protecting the personal information it collects from you.
Types of information collected
We may collect and hold personal information about you, that is, information that can identify you, and is relevant to providing you with the services you are seeking.
The type of information includes:
- your contact information such as full name, maiden name, e-mail address, current postal address, and phone numbers;
- your occupation;
- your partner’s name;
- your date of birth;
- special food or dietary requirements;
- emergency contact details;
- photographs or video footage taken at any Club activity or event;
- information required for organising Club tours in Australia or overseas, such as passport numbers, insurance details and medical
- your opinions collected personally or via surveys; and
- relevant payment or billing information (including but not limited to bank account details, direct debit, credit card details, billing address, and invoice details).
Purpose of collection
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing services to you or someone else you know;
- providing you with information about other services that we offer that may be of interest to you;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements; and
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new or improved services. We may publish your contact information, home and mobile phone numbers and email address, in the Member Directory on our Website. We may also disclose your contact information to a member of the Club where that member has requested the information for the purposes of organising your attendance at a Club event or activity or for the purposes of considering or facilitating a candidate for membership of the Club. If you do not consent to your contact details being disclosed in these ways, you must notify the Club.
Method of collection
Personal information will generally be collected directly from you through the use of any of our
standard forms, over the internet, via email, or through a telephone conversation with you. There
may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance or, where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
To expand our membership, we also collect information indirectly about prospective members through methods such as word of mouth referral and publicly available sources.
Failure to provide information
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete or inaccurate, we may be unable to
provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
If you use our website, we may utilise “cookies” which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently. A cookie does not identify you personally but may identify your internet service provider or computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. Our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of linked websites and linked websites are not subject to our privacy policies and procedures.
Use and disclosure
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). We may disclose personal information about you to:
- service providers (if any), who assist us in operating our business from time to time; and
- our related entities and other organisations with whom we have affiliations so that those organisations may provide you with information about services and various promotions.
We store your personal information in different ways, including on paper and in electronic form. The security of your personal information is important. We take every reasonable measure to ensure that your personal information is stored safely to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, including electronic and physical security measures.
Disclosure to Overseas Recipients
We are unlikely to disclose personal information to an overseas recipient, except for the purposes of organising an overseas tour or a visit to a reciprocal club. By agreeing to participate in an overseas trip, your consent to the disclosure of personal information is assumed.
You may access the personal information we hold about you, upon making a request. We will take reasonable steps to acknowledge your request within 14 days, and to provide you with access to the information requested within 30 days. If, upon receiving access to your personal information or at any other time, you believe the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please notify us immediately. We will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Feedback and Complaints
Privacy Officer: The Company Secretary
Street address: 71 Moray Street, New Farm, Queensland 4005
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone: 07 3358 2966
Facsimile: 07 3358 2169
The complaint will be handled within 30 days in accordance with our Internal Privacy Compliance Manual.
For more information about privacy in general, you can visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.